Athletic Participation Requirements
For an athlete to obtain a clearance card they must have:
- Current physical on file at NMS. Physicals last for two years.
- Sports participation form filled out with all information, including insurance name and policy number. If student insurance needs to be purchased confirmation must take place before a clearance card is issued. See Kathy if you need information on insurance.
- Make sure participation form is signed by a parent or guardian.
- Code of Ethics signed by athlete and parent.
- Signed Social Media and Expectations for Activities and Athletics.
- Participation fee $100. Waiver program available for students who need it.
- Concussion Training – Valid for 2 years. (Must take test with Kathy Wertz or other office staff)
Visit the district Athletics page for participation documents.
Our 2019 Football Season will start-up in August. Athletes must be cleared in order to participate in conditioning.
Cub Football Camp – Aug. 12-14 @ Newport High School
Conditioning – Aug. 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29 – 4-6 PM NMS Football Field
Our 2019 Season will start-up in August. Athletes must be cleared to participate in open gyms.
Cub Volleyball Camp – July 22-25 from 5-7 PM at Newport High School
Open Gyms – Aug. 26-29 from 4-6 PM at Newport Middle School